Motivation is derived from the Latin word “movere”, which means “movement.” Motivation is something – desire or need – that moves or motivates an individual to act in some way to achieve a goal or purpose that serves the workplace.
When you think of staff motivation, many things may come to mind: more money, a bigger office, a promotion, or a better quality of life. The truth is, no matter what we offer people, true motivation must come from within. Regardless of how it is characterized, it is important to get the right balance in order to ensure that you have a motivated workforce.
The Employee Motivation workshop will give participants several types of tools to become a great motivator, including goal setting and influencing skills. Participants will also learn about five of the most popular motivational models, and how to bring them together to create a custom program.
This training program comes as a ‘motivator’ and a motive for every manager who wants to increase the productivity of his work and reach the top of the pyramid of success, and will enable him/her to make the most of his/her experience and motivation skills to reach with his/her team, to the ultimate goal of job satisfaction for the success of the organization as a whole.
The CBP™ Business Improvement Series – Motivating Employees course will increase your knowledge and ability to:
- Identify the main factors that positively and negatively affect the motivation
- Extract the best out of your staff
- Enhance trust and commitment within the Group by enforcing accountability system.
- Enhance motivation through effective strategies.
- Develops listening and communication skills to ensure successful motivation process
After completing this course, you will enhance your knowledge and ability to:
- Deduce the key factors that influence motivation
- Apply dialogue and listening skills that strengthen group spirit and increase influence and openness
- Review how to enhance trust within the group
- Develop an accountability model
- Remove obstacles to enhancing the Group’s commitment and passion
- Motivate and encourage group initiatives
- Help groups learn from their mistakes
- Develop team culture that is based on belonging and accountability
- Develop and implement strategies to address external causes of stress that adversely affect motivation
- Develop and implement strategies to address systems and policies that adversely affect the Group’s self-esteem
Chapter One: The Foundation of Motivation
Chapter Two: Fostering Motivations as a Manager
Chapter Three: Encouraging Employees’ Intrinsic Motivation
Chapter Four: Overcoming Obstacles to Motivation
With millions of successful students and hundreds of partners, CBP certifications are the most sought-after professional qualification in Middle East and Gulf regions.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of
- The candidate must have completed a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational
- The trainer must be a CBP™ at ATP accredited training center or a candidate to be a CBP™.
The duration of this program is 10 training hours. The training hours vary according to the schedules of the certified and Authorized CBP – Certified Business Professional centers.
Course Language Delivery
This course is delivered in English Language by certified CBP™ trainers.
International Certified Business Professional Exam – Motivating Employees
This module prepares candidates to sit the Certified Business Professional exam
You need also to complete the following courses to obtain Certified Manager Certification.