Leading companies – such as “Apple”, “Google”, “Microsoft”, “Samsung” and others – are seeking to acquire the lion’s share in the local and global markets. Apple recently released its new Apple 11 and Apple 11 pro, which brings innovative new features that were not the same as previous iPhones. Usually, the company offers different versions of the same device in order to meet the needs of customers, some of whom may like bigger devices, while the other part of customers may be attracted to the smaller devices. If the designer had designed the capabilities and shapes that he liked, based on his taste, most likely the company would not have succeeded in achieving the desired sales. For this reason, the design is based on the desire, needs and passion of customers, regardless of the opinion and taste of the designer.
The design thinking methodology is based on empathy for others, and that empathy is the focus and basis of the design process. Where the person in charge of the design or production process looks at the world with the eyes of others and adopts his point of view so that he can fulfill his aspirations.
Design thinking is one of the ways of creative thinking to solve problems. Through the “Design Thinking and Creative Leadership” program, you will be trained on how to solve problems that are not usually related to the designer or the institution/organization, but problems presented by customers’ needs and desires, and present a huge challenge to an ambitious organization. By solving these problems, the organization or designer can be helped to thrive, grow and innovate by adopting clients’ point of view and achieving their aspirations. Whereas this program aims to develop some of the basic principles of the trainee, which enable him/her to achieve the largest possible benefit from his/her experiences and capabilities. It can be said that the general objectives of this program are as follows:
- Defines the concept of design thinking.
- Compares analysis and synthesis.
- Compare between divergent and convergent thinking.
- Analyzes steps to implement design thinking methodology in problem solving.
- Explore design features.
- Shows what is meant by design language.
- Show the relationship between design thinking and creative leadership.
- Know the concept of leadership
- Shows different styles of leadership.
- Analyzes different styles of leadership.
- Differentiate between different leadership styles
- Highlights the characteristics of an effective leader.
- Demonstrates the inspiring manager’s features.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of design thinking.
- Compares analysis and synthesis
- Compares between divergent and convergent thinking.
- Shows how to empathize.
- Explains the importance of the definiing.
- Conclude how prototype is designed.
- Analyzes design methods and processes.
- Explain what is meant by complicated problems.
- Overcomes complicated problems.
- Shows how to achieve creativity in management.
- Analyzes the types of leadership.
- Distinguish between types of leadership.
- Infer the traits of an effective leader.
- Highlights profiles of inspiring manager.
- Concludes the importance of understanding defects and errors and deal with them positively.
- Shows how to build a leader.
Module 1: Design Thinking
Module 2: Business Skills for Managing
Module 3: Design Thinking Steps in Problem Solving
Module 4: Design Thinking Features
Module 5: Design difference from Science or Humanities.
Module 6: Design Thinking and its relation with Creative Leadership
Module 7: Creative Leadership
This program requires that students meet the following pre-requisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of
- The candidate must have completed a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational
- The trainer must be a CBP™ at ATP accredited training center or a candidate to be a CBP™.
The duration of this program is 20 training hours. The training hours vary according to the schedules of the certified and Authorized CBP- Certified Business Professional centers.
Program Language Delivery
This course is delivered in English Language by certified CBP™ trainers.