This training program is designed to prepare cadres of administrators and staff who are capable and willing to deal with dignitaries and official guests, by applying a thorough understanding of the principles of the international protocol, diplomacy and etiquette. These tasks are usually practiced behind the scenes, and are not noticed by the public, especially when they are managed skillfully and efficiently, including the reception of official delegations and supervision of events of different nature, taking into account the hierarchy, and other sensitive tasks with external relationships and governments.
This training program is designed to introduce the basic principles and legislation of protocol & etiquette in dealing with different situations that require familiarity with the rules of courtesy and protocol in multicultural societies, and how to deal with VIPs. In general, the main objectives of this program can be summarized as follows:
- Define the concept of protocol and etiquette.
- Differentiate between etiquette and protocol.
- Explain how to manage events professionally in accordance with diplomatic norms and international protocols.
- Be proficient in the art of mind reading and body language.
- To know the best strategies in dealing with VIPs.
- Prepare cadres of administrators who are familiar with the ethics of protocol and diplomatic disciplines.
- Review the written and verbal skills and behaviors that is required to be followed when managing events
- Indicate cultural differences between States and the extent to which they affect diplomatic norms and international protocols
- Identifying, prioritizing and addressing guests with special needs
At the end of this training program, you will be able to:
- Represent organizations, departments and the state
- Practice written and verbal skills and behaviors followed within the protocol ethics
- Deal courteously and hospitable.
- Manage events professionally in accordance with diplomatic customs and traditions.
- Develop communication skills and interactions with others.
- Deal with VIPs in an effective and successful manner according to diplomatic norms.
- Assess guests with special needs and deal with the situation professional and gently.
Module 1: Introduction to Protocol Procedures
Module 2: Types of Protocol
Module 3: Reception Etiquette and Legislation
Module 4: Communication Skills
Module 5: Event Management
Module 6: Protocol of Priority of Guests in accordance to the United Nations and League of Arab States
This program requires that students meet the following pre-requisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of
- The candidate must have completed a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational
- The trainer must be a CBP™ at ATP accredited training center or a candidate to be a CBP™
The duration of this program is 15 training hours. The training hours vary according to the schedules of the certified and Authorized CBP – Certified Business Professional centers.
Program Language Delivery
This program is delivered in English Language by certified CBP™ trainers.