The UAE has established tolerance as an institutional and societal value from an early period in its history; this was reflected in the foreign and domestic policies of the founding father, HH Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, which led to the emergence of the UAE as a regional incubator for equality, moderation and acceptance of the other, living and working together. Millions of people of different nationalities, races and religions are in harmony and acceptance under a justice system that criminalizes intolerance, extremism and hatred.
In line with this initiative, it was declared 2019 as the Year of Tolerance launched by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and we therefore, the International Business Training Enterprise (Track IBTA Arabia), the accredited body for management consultancy and training have decided to develop a training program under the name “Tolerance in Business”, where we offer it to public and private organizations of whatever size and scope of work. This training program is guided and based on the National Tolerance Program of the UAE Cabinet, chaired by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
The Tolerance in Business program aims to prepare trainees, introduce them to the UAE culture, instill tolerance and acceptance of the others as a fundamental pillar of the society, as well as hone the skills of communication, and positive interactions when dealing with others. This is through the basic principles, concepts and methodologies in the field of tolerance in the work environment. It also refines their skills by introducing them to the latest methodologies that allow them to make the most out of their experience as follows:
- Explain the religious and cultural diversity of the United Arab Emirates.
- Define cultural awareness.
- Interact within the work framework on the cohesion between the various cultural and religious components.
- Create tolerance and accept the others as a fundamental pillar of society.
- Identify effective mechanisms to resolve disputes without abuse.
- Reject discrimination, intolerance, extremism, racism and others.
- Endorse the importance of the role of women in various fields and work in society.
At the end of this training program, you will be able to:
- Use communication and interaction skills with others and accept different point of views.
- Face any form of intolerance and extremism in a safe and smart way.
- Formulate practical approaches to tolerance in the work environment.
- Support harmony in the work environment through a positive reference.
- Promote the value of tolerance in society as a whole.
- Communicate and interact with others despite cultural, religious or ethnical differences.
Module 1: United Arab Emirates Initiative
Module 2: Introduction to Cultural Awareness
Module 3: Introduction to Religious Diversity
Module 4: Confronting Intolerance
Module 5: The Social Component of the United Arab Emirates
Module 6: Tolerance and its benefits at work
Module 7: Different Opinions and Communication
Module 8: Tolerance Skills
This program requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of
- The candidate must have completed a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational
- The trainer must be a CBP™ at ATP accredited training center or a candidate to be a CBP™
The duration of this program is 10 training hours. The training hours vary according to the schedules of the certified and Authorized CBP – Certified Business Professional centers.
Program Language Delivery
This program is delivered in English Language by certified CBP™ trainers.